Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 46: Face Fun

Create something using your face.  I decided to demonstrate the method I used for my Medusa make-up this Halloween.
You need:
  • Fishnets or a net bag (I used a plastic net bag that held cherry tomatoes).
  • Cut out a section of the net and attach it to a "frame".  Take four pieces of cardboard, popsicle sticks, whatever.  The goal here is to stretch out the net.  If you skip this step you will be trying to hold the net in place and stretch it out at the same time without moving.  I was lazy and didn't do that for this pic and it shows.
  • Various shades of green make-up... I would use a yellow and a purple to help highlight/contour.
  • Eyeshadow applicator
Here's a pic of my eye (thrown together as an example)
eye
*smaller shapes using the cherry tomato bag - I like the fishnet affect better.

Instructions:
  1. I suggest using a lid primer, then apply a very light shade of green, white, or yellow across the lid and scoop it around to a bit of your cheekbone.
  2. Set out all of the darker colors have them open and easy to access.
  3. Hold the net up to your lid.  Dip the sponge eyeshadow applicator into a green and tap tap tap all over.
  4. Try not to move the net and keep covering till the green is dark.
  5. Now if you'd like use the purple and tap a winged out shape along the crease of your eye and tap yellow under the arch of your eyebrow.
  6. Pick up the net and bring the shape out onto the cheekbone and into the hair line.  I used mostly purple close to the hair line and took the shadow right onto the hair
  7. I also suggest the Eddie Munster V on the forehead going into the hair line.
If you have creases on your forehead I highly suggest keeping the forehead V very close to the hairline and to avoid shiny shadow.  I looked ten years older and had to redo mine.
Also, purchase that make-up freeze spray.  I'll update this if I can find the name, it may be called a make-up sealant spray.
Here's a picture of me making a gnarly face from Halloween
Dur
*created using fishnets - looks more snake like

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers