Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 40: Work with Yarn

Not a very exciting post but I've always wanted to learn how to knit. I went to "The Little Knittery" and they helped with the yarn and knitting needles. I used a You Tube video to learn the basics.
Knit

Here are my tips for a beginner:
  • Start out with a short row. I almost filled the needle and by the time I was a few rows in, I was a burnt out and my work was pretty unimpressive.
  • Keep it loose. My hands were aching because I pulled the yarn too tight making it hard to pull over or push further down the needle.
  • SexpotMost importantly, unless your boyfriend has a mommy or grandmommy fetish this is not an attractive activity.
"Don't mind me Ryan, I'm just going to sit on the davenport."
"Could you hand me the afghan?"
"How about helping massage this vapo rub onto my chest?" *at this point I would lick my lips and make a kissy face*
He wasn't into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers