Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 41 & 42: Think Big & Junk Mail

Day 41: Create a large version of something normally small.  Day 42: Work with Junk Mail.
I created a paper mache flea
Unfortunately I can't remember what recipe I used for the paste but it was basically Water, Elmer's Glue, & Corn Starch.  I used two balloons blown up to two different sizes.
BeforeTheMess
I would love to have captured the pain in the ass process but as soon as you set the thing down the glue wants to adhere to the plastic and trying to clean the glue off of my hands was.... a joy.
Body basically done, now adding legs.  This part was, well, difficult.  I created the legs first then would wrap strips around the leg and onto the body in different directions.
Legs
It's ugly and I love it!  I'm proud of my first attempt at paper mache so I'm leaving it unpainted.
Flea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers