Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 26: Portable

Make something portable that normally isn't.
I decided to make a portable shrine; I've been meaning to do this since I bought the book Retro Revamp about 10 yrs ago.
I made a shrine to crafting and was going to use Martha Stewartas my patron saint of crafting but the store didn't have a copy of her mag... so we have a strange crying baby with googly eyes.  Now I guess it's a shrine to the patron saint of hot glue gun burns.
This was made using shiny origami paper, sequins, jewels, beads, magazine clipping, googly eyes, clip, tacs, birthday candles, Altoids mini tin, hot glue and super glue. 
Shrine
Cat Benetar wanted to model so here's a pic to give perspective on the size
CatShrine
I put a clip on the back to hold the shrine up on the base, and tacs in the base to hold up the candles
Clip  Tacs
Packing it up (with extra candles).
PackinUp  Tin
I should have left a space around the outside of the lid (no beads) so the tin could close more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers